Contact the team

You are reporting the following problem report for being abusive, containing personal information, or similar:

Huge Verge Side Trees between No 2 & No 8 Copperfield Road

Reported anonymously at 19:58, Friday 7 January 2022

Hi Cheshire East. Back in July, in response to Enquiry Ref No 3436424 you sent the following: Enquiry Reference Number: 3436424 Enquiry Subject: Hedge/Tree Maintenance Location: Copperfield Road Date Logged: 27/07/2021 We have arranged for a tree inspection by a qualified arborist to be undertaken. This is usually completed within 20 working days, but depends on the priorities of the arborist. We will update your enquiry once we have received the outcome of the inspection. Sadly, I’m still awaiting your “update” and whilst I accept we’re living through unprecedented times, I think 164 days is stretching your time scales beyond the realms of acceptability. In the interim, further work has been carried out on the road surface and to be fair, to a far better standard than your previous offerings but without addressing the root cause of the problem, which is clearly the huge verge side trees, I feel you'll be throwing more money at the problem in the not too distant future. Along with the damage to the road, as I’ve previously pointed out several times, I have my own concerns about the damage your trees may be doing to my property (Ref Enquiry Numbers 3293137, 3432798 & 3434762). Additionally, in an attempt to resolve the problem, as suggested by a visiting Highways Inspector (Jeremy Hough), I wrote to Chris Hudson at Cheshire East (26.07.21) asking what could be done to resolve the problem and if the council couldn’t help, then to provide advice explaining how I should go about dealing with the problem myself. Unfortunately he chose not to credit me with a reply. I’m not prepared to accept your tree knocking on my window, which it will be doing with another season or two’s growth. If necessary, begrudgingly, I'd be content to fund the removal of bows overhanging my garden. Therefore, if you can’t or won’t deal with the issue, please provide written advice explaining how I legally go about tackling the problem myself.



Don't like forms?

You can contact technical support on